Just because it’s a bank holiday doesn’t mean your fitness goals have to take a backseat! Here are some tips to keep you moving even when you’re out of your regular routine:
- Morning Movement: Start your day with a quick 20-minute workout. It can be a brisk walk, a short run, or a home workout. This not only revs up your metabolism but also ensures you’ve prioritised your fitness.
- Explore on Foot: Use the day off to explore a new area nearby. Walking or cycling is a great way to be active while sightseeing – are you new to Wimbledon? Go explore Wimbledon Common – Look out for the Windmill and Caesars camp.
- Picnic Planks: If you’re picnicking, throw in some planks or push-ups before digging into your basket. Challenge family or friends for a bit of fun!
- Stay Hydrated: It’s easy to forget to drink water when you’re out of your regular routine. Carry a reusable water bottle and refill it throughout the day.
- Play: Is there a fun sport or activity you can do with the kids? Get playing & Make memories!
- Dance it Out: If you’re attending a bank holiday party or BBQ, don’t be shy to hit the dance floor. Dancing is a fantastic way to burn calories.
- Mindful Munching: Bank holidays often come with delicious treats. It’s okay to indulge, but be mindful of portion sizes and try to balance treats with healthier options.
- Stretch & Relax: Dedicate some time to stretch, meditate, or practice yoga. It’s not just about physical health but mental well-being too.
Enjoy your bank holiday, but remember – fitness can be fun and seamlessly integrated into any day off, which is key to sustainability!